"Friends for Life" Vacation Village represents a project of Lidia and Miodrag Rechesan consisting in a number of buildings and facilities located in Cralovat village, Timis county, Romania, dedicated for organizing camps, seminaries and conferences for children, young people and adults.Vision accomplishment
Lidia Rechesan, Project coordinator
"In 1993, since I started to work with children and teenagers, in my heart was born the dream of building a camp for children. In the next 8 years I organized about 25 camps in Romania and abroad, for children and teenagers from kindergarten, schools and churches. This dream began to come in life in May 2001 when a person with a big heart for children donated the funds necessary to purchase a land in Cralovat village with an area of 2.5 acres, in order to build the camp."Purposes and objectives
The purpose of Vacation Village consist in promoting moral and christian values; rising cultural, artistic and scientific level, through following methods: educational, social, recreation, sportive, creation activities, knowledge exchange; and not the last, binding true lifetime friendly relations.The aims of the project related to 5 sides of human being, are that each participant:
- Physical: to develop healthy bodies, enjoyment of the outdoors, and good safety habits.
- Social: to develop leadership, self-reliance, responsibility, acceptance of others, and a positive attitude toward the opposite sex.
- Mental: to develop creative thinking, self-expression, and personal convictions.
- Emotional: to develop stability and self-confidence, as well as, encouraging wholesome fun and a sense of achievement.
- Spiritual: to develop good Christian principles.
- Valorizing physical and psychical potential of each participant contributing to harmoniously development of health and personality;
- Enlarging the general education horizon and stimulating the interest for various domains of science, art, culture, technics;
- Guiding and developing individual inclinations, aptitudes and talents; orientation for carrier preparation;
- Educating for high moral, civic and esthetical qualities;
- Integration in social life and cultivating a civilized behavior;
- Rational time management, pleasantly as much as usefully;
- Forming competences specifically to some out-of-school domains and defining talents and aptitudes;
- Developing abilities and capacities necessary for orientation during changing moments supervened in individual and social existence;
- Supplementing the lacks of instructive and educative activities from strictly scholastic background;
- Inner rebuilding of personality to an altruistic virtue axis.
- Non-profit, any income is reinvested
- Non-governmental, it is not a state institution
- Inter-denominational, it accepts persons of all religions
- Year-round activity
The camps are intended for following age categories:
- children (5 - 9 years)
- preadolescents (10 - 14 years)
- teenagers (15 - 18 years)
- youngsters (19 - 21 years)
- children from socially, materially an financially disadvantaged families
- children from families with numerous members and low income
- children from disorganized families
- children with special needs (abused, traumatized)
- children from rural society
- children from various christian churches
- children's parents
- young families
- teaching staff
- volunteers and social assistants
- various requests
Cralovat village is located in the region of Lipova heights, not far from european highway that links Timisoara and Lugoj, about 40 Km (25 miles) away from Timisoara city. This distance can be crossed in 40 - 60 minutes by car or bus. You can find more details here.Capacity
- 125 people
- accommodation (central heating, warm water)
- rooms: conference, dining, playroom, clubs
- fields for sportive and recreative activities
- clubs for study and recreation
- swimming pool
- beautiful natural environment (hills, forests, lakes)
- Recreative (games, competitions, clubs, ping-pong, billiards, video programs, workshops, campfires)
- Educational (seminaries, courses, conferences)
- Sportive (trips, biking, boating, gymnastics, competitions, tournaments, horse riding, fishing, sleighing, rope climbing, games: soccer, volleyball, badminton, etc.)
- Social (counseling, actions for community benefit, helping old people)
- Cultural-artistic (artistic nature circles: literary, drama, ethnographic and folklore, musical-choreography, plastic arts)
- Scientific (informatics, multimedia, electrotechnics, electronics, astronomy, modern languages)
- Camps during school vacations (15 weeks):
- spring (April - Easter holiday)
- summer (June, July, august, September)
- winter (December - Christmas holiday)
- Seminaries for parents (October, November)
- Educational programs (January, February, March)
- Renovation (May)
Camps duration: 6 days (Monday - Saturday)Camps timetable (example):
|8.00 - 8.15||Refreshment gymnastics|
|8.15 - 8.30||Morning toilet|
|8.30 - 9.30||Breakfast + Devotional time|
|9.30 - 10.30||Musical and artistic program|
|10.30 - 11.30||Educational programs|
|11.30 - 12.30||Workshops|
|12.30 - 14.00||Lunch|
|14.30 - 19.00||Recreative and sportive activities|
|19.00 - 20.00||Dinner|
|20.00 - 21.30||Cultural and artistic program|
|21.30 - 22.00||Evening toilet|
From children testimonies
- "When my parents are on duty I have to stay alone locked at home, even if I'm in vacation. I would like very much to be possible to go in a camp with many children so that I can play games.", Cristi, 8 years old.
- "I have the key at my neck so that I may play out of the house. I wish I can go in a camp, but my mom does not have money.", Georgeta, 6 years old.
- "I played all the summer in front of the block and I got sick of swearing, beating and dangerous dogs. I would like I could go at least once in a camp...", Nicusor, 10 years old.
- "I'm 12 years old and we have not seen any long trip because we live in a village.", Flavia, 12 years old.
- "I'm tired to spent also my vacation being alone and having nobody to play with.", Florinel, 9 years old.